Viruses, worms and Trojans are software programs that have been written by individuals to disrupt or interfere with your computer files.
• Viruses – Programs that can corrupt your software programs, disrupting the way they work—even how your computer functions.
• Worms – Specific types of viruses that spread copies of themselves to other computer systems (usually via network connections). Unlike “typical” viruses, worms do not generally infest your programs or operating systems, but greatly increase network or web traffic as they spread.
• Trojans – Specific types of viruses that seem harmless but can damage your computer files (like the mythical Trojan Horse)
• Unlike a “true” virus, Trojans can't reproduce themselves, nor can they infect your programs.
No matter how you connect to the Internet, it is wise keep your computer protected using anti-virus software. You'll save time and money in the long run.
The Buyer’s Infotechprovided Internet Security Manager Anti-Virus feature protects your computer against viruses, worms and Trojans in the following ways:
• Automatic updates every three hours.
• The ability to scan a specific file, folder or drive with a simple right-click
• Scheduled scans.
• Automatic email attachment scans.
• Automatic scans of the files you download online.